Solar panels use energy from the sun to generate electricity. Here’s how this process works to power your home:
- When sunlight hits your panels, photons knock electrons free from atoms. This interaction generates an electrical current flow.
- The electrical current flows from the panels to your solar inverter, where the energy produced by your panels is converted into usable energy for your home.
- This energy is sent from the inverter to your breaker box, allowing the energy to circulate through your home.
- Any unused energy feeds back to your utility meter and can be accessed when needed. Some states offer net metering, which allows you to send this excess energy back to the grid in exchange for credits on your electric bill.
Benefits of Solar In Asheville
There are plenty of reasons to consider solar panels for your Asheville-area home. Beyond the potential financial benefits, there are environmental factors and the potential for a major return on your investment.
- Own Your Power — Avoid the impact of rising energy costs by reducing your reliance on grid energy. With a custom solar system, you can produce your own power to run your home and stop worrying about constant hikes of utility prices.
- Potentially Reduce Your Electric Bill — Your solar panels could produce enough clean energy to potentially save you thousands of dollars on your electric bills over your system’s lifetime.
- Qualify For Federal Tax Credit — Qualified homeowners can currently claim a federal tax credit of up to 26% for installing solar panels on their property.5
- Potentially Increase Your Property’s Value — Solar is growing in popularity, making homes with solar systems more appealing to potential buyers. Studies show that homes with solar systems installed may sell for more than those without, making panels a potentially valuable long-term investment.
- Reduce Your Carbon Footprint — Unlike fossil fuels, solar energy is a renewable resource that produces fewer carbon emissions. As a result, this type of clean energy has a more positive impact on the environment.
What Happens to Excess Solar Energy?
Solar panels may generate more energy than you need, depending on the time of day. This excess energy can be used in a couple of ways to ensure you get the most out of your system.
Store excess energy in a backup battery.3
If your panels produce excess energy, the extra power can be stored in your Generac battery backup to be used in the event of a grid power outage or at night when your panels are not producing any electricity. In addition, the stored energy can fill the gaps when your home’s solar panels are not producing at full capacity.
Use excess energy via net metering.
Net metering is the process of sending extra energy that your solar panels produce back to the grid in exchange for credits on future electric bills. If your panels produce extra energy, you can be credited for the energy you sell back (often at a 1-to-1 ratio), meaning that you sell it back at the same price you would buy it. This is a great incentive for using solar energy, but it’s important to note that some utility companies do not offer net metering. Availability, excess credits and other requirements vary by area and utility providers.
Solar Panel Installation In Asheville
- Request a free quote by submitting a form. One of our solar representatives will reach out to you shortly to determine if you qualify for solar panels. If you do, we’ll schedule your free in-home consultation.
- One of our solar consultants will further evaluate your home and energy usage to draft a custom proposal for your solar system. Once you’ve signed, we’ll schedule your solar panel installation after we obtain applicable permits and approvals based on your availability.
- On installation day, we’ll arrive at your home on time and install your solar panel array carefully to avoid damaging your roof or home. You can expect this to take a day or two. Before we leave, we’ll test your system and clean up our workspace.
Cost of Solar In Asheville
Solar has become more affordable to Asheville residents in recent years. However, there are many factors that go into the cost of a solar system, including the size of your roof, your energy consumption and the amount of sunlight your home receives. Our experienced team can help create a customized solution for your home.
The cost of solar panels is calculated based on dollars per watt. We determine the number of panels you need based on the number of watts your home typically uses. From there, we can design an efficient, custom solar system for your home.
Your Asheville Solar Panel Installation Cost Includes The Following:
This includes the solar panels, inverters, wiring, conduit, mounting racks and mounting hardware.
A Custom Solar System
Once you sign the contract, our team begins designing a system, filing the relevant permits and proceeding with the setup for your installation.
A Time And Date For Your Installation
On the day of installation, our team carefully installs and tests your system to ensure that it’s working properly, then cleans up your property as though we were never there!
Interested in financing your Asheville solar panel installation? See how below:
PHS Financial Program
- POWERHOME SOLAR offers competitive financing through its third party financing partners to do our part in making solar accessible and affordable to our customers. These financial program offers those who qualify a $0 up-front cost and 12 months of savings on us.1
- You can obtain a loan either through your own source or through ours, which specializes in solar. This allows for a $0 down payment and 100% financing for qualified customers.
- To maximize your solar investment, you can pay up-front, in full for your solar panels. This means your new electric bill will immediately reflect your potential savings and you can take advantage of home equity loans that might be tax-deductible.
POWERHOME SOLAR is proud to offer high-quality solar panels that offer superior reliability and performance.
Solar Panel Warranties
Our panels come with two types of warranty:
- A minimum 25-year linear power performance guarantee.
- A 25-year product workmanship guarantee. A solar panel’s product warranty covers any issues with manufacturing defects or premature wear and tear on your panels.
Your solar panels are built to last, and so is your inverter! Your inverter comes with a 10-year warranty, and as the installer of the system, our team will take care of any warranty issues that might arise.
These warranties are designed to ensure that you are able to replace bad panels or address any potential issues with your system post-installation. POWERHOME SOLAR uses panels that are guaranteed to operate at approximately 85% capacity after 25 years and rarely have issues. But in the event that there are any problems, our customers can rest assured that we will be able to address them and rectify the situation.